Pages

Wednesday, 25 August 2010

I ♥ Promarkers Challenge 29 - Charms


The challenge this week at I ♥ Promarkers is to use at least 1 charm on your creation.


We're being sponsored by Digi Doodle Shop with the prize being a $10 gift certificate to spend in their online store. They have so many fab images to choose from. The DT got to pick the images we wanted to work with, and I chose Jr Bride and Groom.


I coloured the image with Promarkers, then mounted it onto cream Bazzill with silicone glue to give some dimension. It was then layered onto red Bazzill, which I  had decorated in the corners with a Martha Stewart corner punch. I'm not sure of the make of the dp, but I've inked all the edges with Distress inks and matted it onto red Bazzill, then a cream 8 x 8" pearl card. I've added Stardust Stickles around all the edges of the card.


The heart is cream Bazzill decorated with red gems, and stamped with a Magnolia sentiment stamp in red Versafine.
The flowers are Magnolia and Wild Orchid Crafts, and I've used 2 different Martha Stewart leaf punches. I've added Stardust Stickles to the flowers.
The bow is red grosgrain ribbon from stash, with 2 silver heart charms hanging from it.
I've added lots of sparkle to this card which you can see so much more in real life.
I've also made a red box for the card to go in, which I'm in the middle of decorating.


I'm, entering my card into these challenges:

Wild Orchid Challenge 4 - Make it Sparkle
The Shabby Tea Room Week 24 - A little bit of metal and an inspiration photo (I took inspiration from the reds and greens in the bracelet)
Sir Stampalot Challenge  - August - Bring on the Bling - (can be combined with up to 5 challenges)

16 comments:

pinky said...

Gorgeous card, such a pretty combination of colours and sparkle. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

craftybunny said...

Gorgeous creation and sweet image.Love all the beautiful details.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs.
Lisa x

brenda said...

Hi Julie

What an adorable card, the colours along with that image are just perfect.

Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

Cheryl said...

oh this is just gorguoes your colouring is just perfect and so love all the detail on this too hugs cheryl xxx

Eiglas said...

This is a truly beautiful card Julie. It reminds me of the Victorian style of cardmaking - such attention to detail! Your colouring, as always, is perfect.
Just lovely!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

clare said...

such a charming wedding card. thanks for joining us @ PTD. good luck in all the challenges. X

Audrey Pettit said...

What a sweet card! I love the gem-edged sentiment heart, and you did a lovely coloring job on that fun image. Love the touches of sparkle and the heart charms are such a great touch. thanks for sharing this with us at TSTR.

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Judy said...

Hi Julie,

What a fabulous card this is that you made with one of my stamps. I so love the richness to your card, and all the details. Thank you so much for doing such an inspiring job.

Judy/DDS

Clare *Littlebear* said...

Julie, this is a stunning creation!
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

Debbie said...

Simply {sweet}!!! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)

PapierGirl said...

Oh this is adorable! What a sweet image and your coloring is wonderful! Love the double heart charms - thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Francesca said...

A wonderful card with such a sweet image , thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck
Hugs
Francesca

Deb Hickman said...

Wow,such a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your colouring is beautiful.

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Beautiful card, so love the colours and image. Thanks for joining us over at Pear Tree Designs this week, hugs Heidi (DT) xx

elsi67 said...

Lovely card :) Thank you so much for participating in the Wild Orchid Crafts challenge ♥

Post a Comment