Pages

Monday 2 August 2010

I ♥ Promarkers Challenge 25 - Christmas in July


Sorry I'm so late with my DT card this week for I ♥ Promarkers, mine and hubby's laptops had to go and be fixed. With mine, the fan's broken, but hubby got a really bad virus that managed to get through 2 anti-virus programmes. We've got his back now, but we lost everything. I'd been using his for the last few months to store everything. Luckily most of my important photos were backed up, but I lost all the pics of my cards and digi images, and even a couple of Lauren Meader templates that I had won.


Onto the challenge. This week it's Christmas in July. It's never too early to make a start on your Christmas cards. Our sponsor this week is The Digi Doodles Shop, with the prize being  $10 to spend in their online store. The whole DT were given some Christmas images from the store, which we all had fun working with.



For my card I've used the image 'Santa baby and tree', coloured with Promarkers, (obviously). I've made an Easel card using Nesties Labels 8. I think the dp is Papermania, which I've added to the back and underneath of the card, as well as the front, after inking the edges with Distress inks Shabby Shutters. The image is also cut with Labels 8 and inked with Shabby Shutters and Pine Needles round the edges. I've added Polar White Flowersoft to the Santa Suit, and Glossy Accents to the Christmas tree lights.


The poinsettia is a Marianne Design Creatables die cut, embellished with a lovely green pearl, and I've added a Christmas tree charm hanging from it. The sentiment label is an Anna Griffin dome sticker placed on top of a large button. The sentiment verse on the back of the card was in my stash, as were the gems and ribbon.
As you can see in the above photo, this folds nice and flat to go in a C6 envelope.

Please remember, that to be entered into the prize draw you must follow the theme and use ProMarkers. Also please place a link back to I ♥ Promarkers from your blog.

1 comment:

hello gorgeous said...

loving this card chick! ;o) how cute are the furry bits on santa's outfit....uh! VERY!! :o)

hope you are ok gorgeous?

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

Post a Comment