Pages

Thursday 16 September 2010

I ♥ Promarkers Challenge 31 and 32


Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been around for a while again, we had some more bad news. Hubby's dad died suddenly last week of a heart attack! It's not even 4 months since I lost my mum yet, which has made it even worse. My poor kids have just lost 2 grandparents within 3 months of each other. The funeral's on Monday, but it's going to be quite upbeat as that's what my FIL would have wanted.


Anyway, onto this week's challenge at I ♥ Promarkers. Wynneth has drawn a fab sketch for us to follow with an optional theme of 'Rip it Up'.
Our sponsor is Simon Says Stamp, with the prize being $15 to spend in their online store. They'll even pay the p&p!!


For my DT card this week, I've used a fab Sugar Nellie stamp called Rock Idol, coloured of course with Promarkers. All edges have been inked with Walnut Stain and Aged mahogany Distress Inks. The dp is BasicGrey Boxer and Kraft, as well as Creative Imaginations cream Music sheet. All have been torn, distressed and inked with BasicGrey and Tim Holtz distressing tools. The bottom sheet has also had some Gesso added. Lastly, I added some metal distressed brads (with prongs removed). All on Kraft Bazzill 6 x 6" cardstock.

I'm entering this card into these challenges:

Gingerloft Challenge 1 - Anything Goes
The ABC Challenge - D is for distressing



Now onto last week's I ♥ Promarkers challenge card that I wasn't able to post at the time.

Last week's challenge at I ♥ promarkers was Transport. (it's now finished, I just wasn't able to post my card at the time).
I've used a Kanban stamp from their Retro Cars set. I've coloured with Promarkers and then 3D'd the image, trying to make it look quite shabby and vintage. The sentiments are from the same stamp set, stamped with Black Soot Distress ink on Kraft Bazzill, punched with circle and scallop circle punches, and edged with Walnut Stain DI. The dp is by K & Co. including the fair sheet and tickets, which have all been distressed. I've added Glossy Accents onto the card windscreen and lights. The buttons and cord are from stash.


I'm entering this card into these challenges:

Creative Belli Blog Challenge 100 - B themed embellishments - (old and forgotten buttons)

9 comments:

Claire Phillips said...

I'm so sorry to read about your FIl Julie, you and your family are very much in my thoughts. Both your cards are fabulous. Take care Warmest Wishes Claire x

Thebug415 said...

So sorry for your loss! Hope all goes well with the services. Thanks for joining us at the Creative Belli challenge.

Cathy said...

fabulous crd and great details.
Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge this time.
Cathy x

aardvarkpest said...

Sorry to hear about your FIL.
Two great cards.

Glenda

Shelly Schmidt said...

So sorry to hear of your loss- Bless you! You have made a couple of wonderful cards- love both of them! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Belli Blog .

Patricia St Martin said...

Wonderful card. That is a good way of traveling. Thanks for playing with us at Cards for Men. Good luck on the challenge.

Vixykins said...

Sorry to hear about FIL Julie x

Great cards, love how the first one really pops :)

Thank You for joining us at The Stampman x

Alison said...

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Great car card! Love all the inking to age it.
Thanks for joining in our transport challenge at Cards for Men.
Hugs, Alison x

Ali Manning said...

Both cards are beautiful with fabulous coloring! Thanks for entering the Gingersnaps challenge. I'm so sorry to hear about your family's losses!

Post a Comment